Up till now, discussions concerning financialization in finance and real estate have mainly focused on analysing the deregulation and globalisation of financial markets, the transition from a bank-based to a market-oriented financial system, the emergence and influence of new financial actors and financial products as well as changes in the management of corporations and production systems. The aim of the conference is to address questions which have been subject to less examination up to now, like:
- How does the integration of financial and real estate markets work?
- How can different actors become involved in opening-up possible markets?
- How important are norms, standards and calculative practices in the process of making markets visible and global?
- What are the territorialising practices which go along with the establishment of new investment markets and asset classes?
- What are the effects of these developments on the built environment, land and property?
It is the specific goal of the conference to discuss structural reorientations, practices and mechanisms involved in real estate and financial markets. In addition, we will critically examine the input of theoretical concepts from different strands of cultural and political economy for the explanation of these developments.[table “20” not found /]
[table “21” not found /]
30 Euro / 10 Euro for students (accommodation is not included)
Information and registration
Prof. Dr. Susanne Heeg (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dipl. Geogr. Nadine Bitterer (email@example.com)
Dipl. Geogr. Kerstin Bläser (firstname.lastname@example.org)