Department of Geosciences
University of Fribourg – Switzerland
The Geography Unit seeks to hire a lecturer (maître-assistant -e / Oberassistent -in) to complement the teaching and research group in Human Geography. The group’s teaching and research is committed to theoretical analysis and empirical work converging to understandings of power relations and relationships between humans and non-humans at various scales. We are particularly interested in individuals with research and teaching interests in political geography, social and political ecology, and environmental history.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribution to research-driven teaching in Human Geography at BSc and MSc level
- Supervision of BSc. And MSc. theses
- Publication activity of international standard
- Preparation, collaboration and implementation of externally funded research projects
- Building of an independent but complementary research group inside the Geography Unit
- Contribution to academic management within the Geography Unit and the Department of Geosciences
- A completed PhD in social sciences
- Evidence of publication capacity, including a strong publications track record and clear research and publication plans
- Teaching experience
- Interest and ability to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary manner
Appointment and employment condition:
- 75 % position
- The university offers a two years appointment with the possibility of extension up to 5 years.
- Excellent language skills in English as well as either German or French with good knowledge of the other language
Starting date: January 1st 2023
Applications must comprise a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of publications, a statement of research achievements as well as two referees. Please send your documents as a single PDF file to Nicole Equey (email@example.com) before October 1st 2022. All inquiries should be directed to Prof. Christine Bichsel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. Olivier Graefe (email@example.com).
Interviews will take place on October 17th and 18th 2022.
For additional information about the Geography Unit please also visit our website: http://www.unifr.ch/geoscience/geographie/en