The Robert and Christine Danziger Scholarship is awarded to very good up-and-coming doctoral students from Africa (primarily from Ghana or another country in West and Central Africa) who are planning a doctorate at Heidelberg University in the fields of Geoinformatics (or Political Science) and who need help with funding their doctorate.
Learn more about everything you need to consider when applying, on this page.
WHAT DOES THE FUNDING LOOK LIKE?
- The amount of the scholarship for doctoral students is 1,200 € per month.
- The award period is generally 2 years. An extension is possible on request and if all requirements are met (academic performance, financial hardship, availability of funds) for an additional maximum period of 2 semesters.
WHEN AND HOW CAN I APPLY?
You can apply for a scholarship from 1 May to 31 August, 2022.
Please send your application documents by email to email@example.com.
WHICH APPLICATION DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
Please submit the following application documents during the application period:
- Signed application form
- Current preformance records: University diploma that qualifies for a doctorate (original certificate) including the final grade as well as an official translation in German or English and if available, an official conversion of the diploma to the German grading system.
If your university diploma is not available by the end of the application period, it is sufficient to submit a provisional certificate from the university confirming your academic performances, so far (ideally with a grade of all examinations, so far), that states that you expect to complete your course of study by the start of the semester following the application period. Please note that you have to submit your missing certificate by the start of the lecture period.
- Curriculum vitae in table form
- Letter of motivation with reference to the topic of the doctorate
- Recommendation (letter of recommendation) for a doctorate from the possible doctoral supervisor (this must be received by the end of the application period)
- Proof of citizenship
- Evidence confirming your financial situation (money available each month, pay slip of the parents, own wage slips etc.)
“Many years of friendship and cooperation connect us to Ghana and, more recently, to other parts of West and Central Africa as well. With the scholarship, we want to support talented young people from African countries wishing to come to Heidelberg University to start and successfully complete a Master’s degree or a doctorate. Where financial resources are limited, a scholarship can be crucial. Programs of study in the fields of Geography, Political Science and Sociology are particularly important to us.” – Christine and Robert Danziger
We do thank Christine and Robert Danziger cordially for this wonderful opportunity