The Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn is an international research university with a broad spectrum of disciplines. 200 years of history, around 38,000 students, more than 6,000 employees and an excellent reputation at home and abroad: The University of Bonn is one of the most important universities in Germany and has just been awarded the title of Excellence University.
The research group Cultural Geography of the Geographical Institute is looking for a
Research assistant (100%)
at the earliest possible date for an initial period of three years.
The research group of Prof. Dr. Kathrin Hörschelmann is concerned with the connections between space, politics, culture and society focusing on two main themes: 1) „Entangled geographies of (in)security“ and 2) „Diversity, migration and belonging in Europe“. Central to the first theme are the multiple dimensions of Human Security, how they intersect and how they are spatially constructed. The second theme concerns questions of identity, belonging and participation in migration societies.
|Your tasks:||· Research on key topics of the working group,
· Support in the preparation of research funding applications,
· Independent writing of (inter)national publications, presentation of research results at (inter)national conferences and workshops,
· Organisation of workshops and conferences,
· Planning and implementation of courses,
· Supervision of final theses,
· Organisation and grading of examinations.
|Your profile:||· Master’s degree or comparable qualification such as Magister, Diploma or state examination in the fields of human geography, cultural sciences, social sciences
· Expertise in the development and application of conceptual approaches in Cultural Geography and Political Geography (Governmentality Studies, Feminist Theories, Emotional Geographies, Critical Discourse Analysis among others),
· Very good experience in empirical social research, especially in applied qualitative research methods and in the evaluation of qualitative data,
· Interested in developing and applying participatory research approaches,
· Committed, flexible, team-oriented and interested in further training.
|We offer:||· a varied and demanding position with one of the largest employers in the region,
· possibility for a doctorate or “Habilitation”,
· company pension scheme (VBL),
· numerous offers of university sports,
· very good transport connections or the possibility to purchase a VRS major customer ticket or to use inexpensive parking facilities,
· salary according to salary group 13 TV-L.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunities. It is certified as a family-friendly university. Its aim is to increase the proportion of women in areas in which women are underrepresented and to promote their careers in particular. It therefore strongly encourages applications from women with relevant qualifications. Applications are handled in accordance with the Land Equality Act. The applications of suitable persons with proven severe disabilities and persons of equal status are particularly welcome.
If you are interested in this position, please send your complete and meaningful application documents by 15.11.2020, quoting the reference number 14.20.331, only in a single PDF file by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information please contact Ms. Irene Zerza (Tel.: 0228 / 73 5871).