Open to new ideas. Since 1365. As a research university with high international visibility and a wide range of degree programmes, the University of Vienna is committed to basic research open to application and research-led teaching, as well as to career development of young researchers and to the dialogue with economy and society. That way, the University of Vienna contributes to the education of future generations and to the society’s ability to innovate.
The appointment of particularly qualified researchers to university professors is an important strategy of the University of Vienna. Become part of this vibrant and future-oriented organisation.
At the Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy of the University of Vienna the position of a
Spatial Research and Spatial Planning
(full time, for the period of 1 March 2021 – 28 February 2022) is to be filled.
The successful candidate is expected to make major contributions to research and teaching in the field (including teaching of courses as defined by the collective agreement / in both German and English / supervision of students).
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Doctoral degree/PhD and post-doctoral experience at a university or other research institution
- Habilitation (venia docendi) in a subject field relevant to this position or an internationally accepted equivalent qualification is desirable
- Outstanding achievements in research, excellent publication record, international reputation
- Experience in designing, procuring and managing large research projects, as well as the willingness and ability to lead research groups
- Enthusiasm for excellent teaching, teaching experience at universities as well as the ability and willingness to teach students in all phases of their studies (bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level), to supervise academic theses and to promoting young academic colleagues
- a salary (classification according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff, allocation to job group A1; section 99 (1) of the Universities Act 2002)
- a dynamic research location with well-established research funding provisions
- attractive working conditions in a city with a high quality of life
- a wide range of support services offered by central service institutions
The University of Vienna pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at). The University puts special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
- Application letter, including a brief description of:
- current research interests and research plans for the immediate future
- current and planned foci in academic teaching and the supervision of young researchers
- Academic curriculum vitae,
including information about “esteem factors” (e.g. experience as a publisher, functions in research societies or programme committees)
- List of publications, including:
- specification of five key publications which the applicant considers particularly relevant to the advertised professorship
- provision of an Internet link for download or electronic submission of PDF versions of these five publications
- information about citations and impact factors, depending on the common practice in the relevant research area
- List of talks given,
including information about invited keynote lectures at international conferences
- Third-party funds
list of acquired third-party funds (subject, duration, origin, volume) as well as, if applicable, of inventions/patents
- Overview of previous academic teaching and supervised theses, especially doctoral theses
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- Copies of documents and certificates
Please send your application in English and in electronic form to the Job Center of the University of Vienna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reference no.: 11175
The application deadline is 30 September 2020.
Job advertisement (PDF)