Georg-August-Universität Göttingen: Wissenschaftliche/r Mitarbeiter/in
The Institute of Geography at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen is offering a
Research position in the project “Politics of knowledge and non-knowledge: Agricultural biotechnology in India”, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG)
The position will be limited to three years, starting from 01.08.2017. The salary is in accordance with the German state regulated public service salary scale (TV-L E13) with 75%, which corresponds to 29.85 working hours per week.
The project elaborates an empirically grounded understanding of the recent politicization of agricultural biotechnology in India. It will investigate the trajectories of the politics of knowledge production in the field of agricultural genetic engineering and disentangle the manifold and dynamic networks of persons, practices and technologies that together constitute and shape them today. It will examine how (trans-) national corporations and NGOs, as well as resource managers employed by the state, and local farmer groups produce, circulate and apply environmental knowledge; and it will analyze how these different actor groups co-produce and deal with non-knowledge – understood as processes and factors not yet known, and those intentionally or unintentionally ignored.
- Conceptual work in the fields of Agri-Food Studies and Science & Technology Studies
- Empirical work (data and insights) on the politicization of agricultural biotechnology in India; investigation of conceptions and evaluations of genetic engineering that circulate through the Indian political landscape of supporters and opponents of the commercialization of transgenic crops
- Presentation and publication of research results
- You hold a highly qualified Master degree in Geography or related disciplines
- You have an elaborated interest in Agri-Food Studies and Science & Technology Studies
- You are experienced in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- You are proficient in English
- You are willing and capable to spend several months of field research in India; fitness for service in the tropics is mandatory
Please send your application with the usual documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) in electronic form (in a single PDF-file) by April 30, 2017 to Dr. Markus Keck, Georg-August-University Göttingen, Institute of Geography, Goldschmidtstraße 5, D-37077 Göttingen, Germany; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions, please contact Dr. Markus Keck (phone: +49-551-39-8086; E-mail: email@example.com).
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.